The Canadian Mental Health Association Peel Dufferin Branch is recruiting for Community Support Worker to work with dually diagnosed clients of the Mental Health & Justice Services Program and provide short-term case management to persons on Mental Health Diversion. Support is provided mostly at the Brampton Courthouse.
This is a full time permanent position of 37.5 hours per week and the incumbent reports to the Manager – Mental Health & Justice Services.
Salary range for this position is $50,700 - $60,700
CMHA Peel Dufferin offers a competitive overall compensation package which includes:
Four weeks paid vacation (accrued), Eighteen Paid personal days per year (accrued), Two Flexible Days annually, HOOPP pension plan, Professional development opportunities within the agency, Excellent benefits including Heath and Dental coverage, Employee Family Assistance Program and access to a wellness fund benefit.
- To provide short-term case management (up to one year) to qualified clients on Mental Health Diversion.
- To attend Alternative Resolution Court weekly as part of the court rotation schedule.
- To provide support and assistance to client, family members and friends.
- To support clients through the Court process as needed.
- To refer and link clients to appropriate mental health, intellectual/developmental support and other community services.
- To establish and maintain working relationships with Judges, Crown Attorneys, Duty Counsels, other Court personnel, community agencies and hospitals.
- To provide support, consultation and information to the Crown Attorney and other offices of the Court as time permits.
- To facilitate the Mental Health Diversion option for qualified clients as directed by Program Manager.
- To maintain current documentation as per court services and program policies and procedures.
- To provide education and information re community resources to people not eligible for diversion where possible, given that the priority for resources will be directed to persons eligible for diversion.
- To attend and actively participate in all scheduled team meetings.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Social Work or related university degree required.
- At least 3 years of relevant case management experience is required in a community mental health setting
- At least 3 years experience working with individuals with Developmental Disability, Dual Diagnosis, intellectual delay and autism spectrum disorder
- Working knowledge of the Forensic Mental Health System in Ontario, Criminal Justice System and Recovery principles is a strong asset.
- Working knowledge of the Developmental sector and available resources.
- Demonstrated ability to perform risk, need and psychosocial assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a multi-task environment and to prioritize tasks in a manner that meets client needs and program objectives.
- Ability to communicate in both verbal and written form with professionals from a variety of disciplines (i.e. medical, legal).
- Knowledge of OCANs and Client Records Management Systems is an asset.
- A satisfactory Criminal Records check, valid “G” driver’s license, relevant insurance and access to a vehicle
- Current first aid/CPR certification required
- Ability to speak French or a second language reflective of the diversity of Region of Peel is an asset
CMHA Peel Dufferin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please inform us if you require any accommodation during the hiring process. CMHA Peel Dufferin will make every effort to accommodate any needs of candidates through the hiring process, under the Human Rights Code.